In a meeting dated 24/5/1438 AH; the 21st. of February 2017 AD, the Translation Council Board approved/ratified the following criteria for accepting applications for translating books
- To have public utility;
- To be translated for the first time;
- The pages should not be less than 60, or more than 700;
- To be recently published (within 5 years). The center has the right to exclude valuable books from abiding to this rule;
- In case of having more than one edition, only the most recent one is to be approved;
- The content of the book mustn't have a conflict with religious, social and political constants of the kingdom;
- The book is not to abuse neither the Islamic religion nor the Arabic language; whether directly or indirectly;
- The book mustn't include shocking texts or photos that contradict traditions or ethics;
- In case of atlases, photos mustn't exceed one third of the book's volume;
- In case of scientific, engineering and computer books, the amount of equations, mathematical formula and computer programming shouldn't exceed 50% of the book;
- In the case of medical books, only awareness and informative books are to be chosen.
- The leading translator should be a member of the university staff;
- The leading translator mustn't be less than an assistant professor (or the equivalent in medical facilities);
- Translators should get involved in one work at a time; and
- Translators should master the target as well as source languages.